Before your Virtual Advising and Registration Appointment
Welcome to UMBC! If, At the time of your application, you indicated an intention to declare a major in the College of Engineering and Information Technology (COEIT). These pages should help you in your transition to UMBC.
The COEIT majors we serve are Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering.
We look forward to meeting you at your virtual advising and registration appointment.
- All students, freshmen, and transfers, are admitted to UMBC as Pre-Major. Your initial major at UMBC will be Pre-Computer Science, Pre-Computer Engineering, Pre-Chemical Engineering, Pre-Mechanical Engineering, or Pre-Engineering Undecided.
- During your Virtual Advising and Registration Appointment, you will meet with an advisor to schedule your first semester’s classes. In order to make the course selection process as smooth as possible, we have a list of suggestions listed on the tabs to the left.
- The most important step you can take to ensure a smooth virtual advising and registration appointment is to make sure you have a math placement. You can find the requirements here – Aptitude in Mathematics.
- We also encourage you to spend some time looking at the rest of this website to familiarize yourself with the Student Resources, Policies, and Procedures of COEIT at UMBC.
- Please bring any questions or concerns you have to an advisor at your virtual advising and registration appointment.