Required Documentation during Virtual Orientation and Registration


Required documents may include
  • Access to the College Board website in order to share your score reports from AP, IB, or CLEP testing.
  • Access to unofficial transcripts from all previous institutions, including from any school you are attending during the summer.
  • Electronic versions of syllabi from all Engineering, Computer Science, Math or science courses taken at out-of-state community colleges and any other four year colleges.
  • If your syllabi are in a language other than English, please have them translated.
  • If you have checked your Transfer Credit Report and the courses have been evaluated as UMBC courses you do not need to bring the syllabi.
Transfer students

If you are bringing in Engineering, Math, or Science coursework from an out-of-state community college or any four-year university (including international institutions)-

  • It may be to your advantage to submit your coursework for evaluation for direct equivalency before your registration and advising appointment – in particular, those courses that you need to meet major requirements.
  • To have your coursework evaluated by the proper UMBC Department, complete an “Evaluation of Transfer Credit/Course Description Review” cover sheet for each course syllabus,.

Please be sure to be signed into your myUMBC Account for your virtual advising and registration appointment.