COEIT Staff Advisors will start advising appointments in early October for Spring registration and early March for Fall registration.
- Before registering for courses for the upcoming semester, students must meet with an advisor to obtain registration authorization.
- Pre-Chemical Engineering, Pre-Computer Engineering, Pre-Computer Science, Pre-Mechanical Engineering, and Pre Engineering students are advised by COEIT staff advisors until they have completed the gateway requirements for their major.
- First-semester transfer students, regardless of gateway status, are also advised by COEIT Staff Advisors.
All Pre-majors and first-semester transfer students will need to schedule an appointment for advising clearance. Registration advising appointments will be available in person and online through Google Meets.
Pre-Majors (Engineering and Computer Science) and First Semester Transfer Students:
Pre-majors and first-semester transfer students are not assigned a specific advisor and may meet with any available advisor.
Engineering & Computer Science Students Who Have Completed the Gateway:
Information Systems and Business Technology Administration Majors (or students intending to change to one of these majors):
Information Systems and Business Technology Administration majors are advised by faculty in the department.
You may find your advisor’s name in myUMBC if you are a declared major.
- Select “Advising and Student Support” under the Guide section, then click “My Advisor.”
- Information on setting up an appointment with your advisor is on the IS Advising webpage.
- f your advisor is not listed, or you have not yet declared your major as IS or BTA, please contact Ms. Dina Glazer at firstname.lastname@example.org.