Academic Advising Services
COEIT Advising remains committed to supporting students in the coming weeks and looks forward to providing our regular services in technology-driven ways.
- Email email@example.com
- Contact Our Staff
COEIT Staff will monitor email messages 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM Monday through Friday. Questions and requests will be routed to the appropriate staff member for response. Requests may also be submitted via RT request.
Pass/ Fail and Gateway Updates by Major- Spring 2020 ONLY
UMBC Academic Information
Link to Change Grading Method to Pass/Fail for Undergraduate Students (Deadline is June 10th)
College of Engineering and Information Technology Pass/ Fail and Gateway Information
- Advisors will be available electronically via email, WebEx, and Google Hangouts Meet (chat and video). Students may contact any advisor via email with questions. Students who would like to request a virtual appointment, whether for registration clearance or other reasons, may use the appointment website.
- Summer registration does not require advising clearance and is already available to students. All UMBC summer courses are being offered fully online. Advisors are happy to discuss your plans for summer classes as well as any related questions. Please be sure to contact an advisor if you plan to take a course off-campus at another institution.
FALL REGISTRATION CLEARANCE
- All advising clearances for fall semester will require an appointment. Pre-Computer Science and Pre-Engineering (Chemical, Computer, Mechanical) majors should continue to set up appointments via the appointment website. You will have the choice of options for communicating with an advisor.
- If you select an email appointment an advisor will email you by your appointment date/ time. You MUST respond to that email to receive advising clearance.
- If you select a Google Chat/Meetup an advisor will contact you during the appointment time to review relevant information.
- All engineering and computer science students who have passed their gateway, except first semester transfer students, should contact their faculty advisor for advising clearance. Please contact a COEIT Advisor by email if you need assistance connecting with your faculty advisor.
- Information Systems and Business Technology Administration majors should contact their faculty advisor for advising clearance.
- All incoming students (freshmen and transfer) should sign up for orientation. You will have the opportunity to ask questions and register for classes as part of orientation. You cannot register for classes prior to this date. Incoming students should email an advisor prior to setting up an online appointment.